Saturday, January 31, 2009

GREEN DADDY IS ON!!!




After this past year's layoff, I have become a big believer in the multiple streams of income philosophy. My new job is going well but I can tell it may take some time to ramp up. I'm also still doing mortgages by referral and due to rates being down, I have had some good business in January and February. Hopefully this will continue to be a good stream.

For the last few years I have thought about the idea of starting a lawn care business on the side. I never took any steps to doing it until this past December. There is never a great time to start anything that will take up time away from your family, but wife and I talked it over and this Spring, I'm going to give it a shot. This will be a weekend affair and I'm buying into some existing accounts. If I don't like it, then I'm not going to be out much. My goal is to start this business and get it running without any debt. I have enough of that on a personal level and the last thing I need to do is run a business that way. As cash comes in from the business, I'll replace my garage equipment with commercial grade stuff. It's very exciting to think of the possibilities but it is also scary and stressful because I'll be working 7 days a week and not seeing my family as much this summer.

My ultimate goal with my lawn care business is to be the stream of income that gets our family out of debt more quickly. If I can turn this into a full-time gig and hire some crews, then that would be awesome. We'll see...

No comments: