Saturday, September 20, 2008

just a little patience, ya ya

From the words of Axl Rose...

I have to admit that it's a little hard to watch my kids playing sports. Part of me is so proud and excited to be watching my kids playing and part of me is impatient with their lack of experience or aggressiveness. Today C-Boy scored his first goal!!! He was running behind the rest of the boys (as usual) but a kick went off the goal post right to him and he fired a huge kick right into the goal. It was awesome. The girls did better as they are now the defenders. They stay back and wait for the ball to come to them and I think this helps them learn what to do and have a purpose on the field. They both kicked the ball in the wrong direction but also kicked it the right way. Wife and I (me way more than her) are working on only yelling supporting things and not trying to coach. I have to keep my mouth shut most of the time so I don't confuse our girls from what the coach is saying. I'm an assistant coach for C-boy so it's OK for me to yell all the time :).

My house is a wreck...poop.

No comments: