Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm a smoker

I believe I'm becoming an addict of smoking. Yes, I know, I know...but I can't help it. It's too much fun and it is so satisfying.

I have researched for quite some time which smoker I wanted to get. I have had a 'bullet' electric smoker for some time but I was ready to upgrade. I still wanted an electric smoker because with 5 kids, I don't have the time to baby a wood smoker. I know that there are purist out there that say I'm cheating, but I don't care. I care about the outcome and ease at this point of my life. I ended up buying a Masterbuilt smoker. I picked up this smoker a couple of weeks ago and pre-burned/seasoned it the first day. For Father's Day, I smoked some baby back ribs and beans and it turned out very nice. Last night, we had our Financial Peace University instructors over for a cook-out and I smoked a pork shoulder and some more beans. I also tried my luck at some barbecue sauce made from scratch. The meat, beans and sauce turned out great. I smoked the meat for 12 hours at 225 degrees with hickory chips. I smoked the beans for about 7 hours. Here are some pics...








No comments: